As I said in a previous post, I’ve decided that my creative endeavors would be better supported if I had a better work environment, so I took a spare bedroom and turned it into an office. It includes a desk that’s in a big U shape, giving both me and my wife a nice L-shaped work area.
In the course of doing so, I dismantled the office I had in the downstairs family room. I had previously set up the office so that it took up the whole family room, using the same U shape. This meant our desks were directly in front of the electric fireplace, posing a fire hazard. So I dismantled this setup. Here is the family room immediately after I did so.
Then, during just the past two days, I set up another office downstairs, this one taking up the wall to the right of the fireplace and a little beyond that. It no longer takes up the entire room, but also no longer poses a fire hazard, and still lets us have have an alternate work environment downstairs. Plus, we can put a sofa on the opposite wall, set up a TV, and use the room as an actual family room.
Immdiately after I did so, I started using the extra space to start unpacking some boxes that I haven’t unpacked for three years. More on that in a future post. But for now, I just want to say that I really do feel that this supports my efforts to turn not only my house, but also my life, from something that is “good enough” to something that is much closer to being pretty near as good as I can make it.